Introductory Sociology 4th Edition
Introductory Sociology has already established itself as one of the most exciting well-respected and popular textbooks in its field.
This new edition distils together a wealth of scholarship with a genuine sensitivity as to what it is like to study sociology for the first time at an advanced level. The result is a text that is ambitious in its engagement with the most significant themes and debates that have made an impact on the discipline, but it is also designed to extend and support the beginning student. Offering an accessible blend of theoretical, applied and illustrative discussion, it looks to build knowledge and confidence hand in hand. Chief among the features are:
- highlighted chapter aims, incorporating chapter-specific lists of key concepts
- on-page glossary definitions, supported by a full, detailed glossary at the back of the book
- connection’s boxes, linking related sections of the text together, to create alternative pathways through the material and encourage wider reading
- questions to think about, both embedded in the text, and listed at the ends of chapters for the purpose of further reading, writing and project work
- annotated reading lists, organised by topic
- summary points at the end of each chapter, to facilitate revision and review
Introductory Sociology offers an imaginative approach to the teaching and learning of sociology.
Condition: Very Good. A book that has been read but is in very good condition. The book cover has no visible wear. No highlighting of text, no writing in the margins, and no missing pages.